Jane Baldwin is recognized as one of the premier Retail Real Estate specialists in Canada. Uniquely qualified with extensive experience in Leasing (landlord mandated & tenant representation), Investment Sales, Consulting and Project Development in both Canada and United States; she is often involved with new project development and mandated with both the leasing and sale of the same property.
She has been very effective at creating maximum asset value through implementing her own leasing strategies and then achieving aggressive capitalization rates on the sale. On the tenant side she has been responsible for the strategic development of retail stores across Canada.
Jane has developed a depth of experience and an extensive network of contacts throughout North America including leading Retail, Restaurant and Entertainment entities as well as Owners, Developers & Investors of retail properties. With a track record of intelligent and profitable deal making and a proven ability to create innovative concepts and translate them into sound business structures, she has had a history of success in meeting the visions, goals and expectations of clients.
Jane was the founding partner in “Matrix” which was one of Canada’s leading retail tenant representation firms and as President for 13 years was responsible for the real estate strategy, site selection and lease negotiations for hundreds of Canadian and International retailers in major mall, mixed-use, power centre and street locations across the country. Jane continues to represent retailers on a selective basis.
For the 3 years following, she was part of the urban development/leasing team at “Trizec Hahn” in San Diego and worked with some of the most talented urban development people in North America on projects such as: Hollywood and Highland in Los Angeles, Desert Passage in Las Vegas, Paseo Colorado in Pasadena and the CN Tower in Toronto. Her involvement extended from project conception through architectural/design, financial pro forma, development of tenant mix & marketing strategies, documentation and leasing of anchor & ancillary tenants.
Prior to joining Lennard, Jane was Director of the Retail Group at “J.J.Barnicke” (now “DTZ”) for 4½ years and gained additional experience in Retail Leasing, Consulting, Development and Investment Sales.
Significant projects at Lennard include:
- Exclusive Agent for 80-100 YORKVILLE: A high end project of 28,000 sf, which has changed the face of retail in that affluent neighborhood. Tenants included Teatro Verde in the historic Mt. Sinai façade (recently re-leased to Chanel) and Anthropologie, Diesel and Sunglass Hut in the new contemporary buildings
- Exclusive Agent for AURA: Over 120,000 sf of retail on 3 floors at Yonge and Gerrard. Transformed the corner with a blend of the best suburban big box users on the second and third floors and urban restaurant/retail on the ground. Second floor was the first urban Bed, Bath & Beyond in Canada
- Exclusive Agent for MARKET STREET REDEVELOPMENT: An entire city block located next to the South St. Lawrence Market. This project encompassed the block from Front Street to the Esplanade and includes fully restored and modernized heritage buildings as well as a new contemporary building. The LCBO anchors this project and the remaining space targeted restaurants with patios along the entire block
- Exclusive Agent for FIVE ST. JOSEPH – Located on Yonge at St. Joseph just south of Bloor Street. FIVE is a 45-storey, condominium point-tower, integrating Retail into the historically-designated facades on Yonge, St. Joseph and St. Nicholas Streets
- Exclusive Agent for DNA: Located at King and Shaw – 8,000 sf of retail of in the original building which created the first significant retail node in the King West area
- Exclusive Agent for THE MERCER: Located at John and Mercer Streets. 8,000 sf of retail at the base of The Mercer condominium
- Exclusive Agent for 7 ST. THOMAS: Located across from the Windsor Arms at Sultan and St Thomas. Toronto’s first LUXURY OFFICE CONDOMINIUM building located in the heart of Bloor-Yorkville – 93,000 sf – consulted on concept development and executed marketing/sales strategy for 2 years
- Exclusive Agent for PARKWOODS VILLAGE REDEVELOPMENT – 70,000 sf - Re-positioned and expanded centre on York Mills just east of the DVP – Major Tenants include Scotiabank, Food Basics, Shoppers Drug Mart, Tim Hortons, A&W & Dollarama
Areas of Specialization
Retail Leasing, Development & Investment Sales
1265-1277 York Mills Road
2157 Lakeshore Boulevard W (Marine Park Drive)
For Lease: Retail
8 Mercer Street
5 St. Joseph Street